We have been accredited with ISO 14001:2004 meaning we have environmental management systems in place to ensure we are doing our bit to reduce our carbon footprint.
The ISO 14001 standard that we have been accredited with sets out how you can go about putting in place an effective Environmental Management System. The standard addresses the balance between maintaining your company’s profitability whilst reducing your impact on the environment. Our environmental management system ensures that we have procedures to follow for continuous improvement and objectives to aim for over the coming years. The requirements are that we document, implement, maintain and continually improve our Environmental Management System in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard.
By recycling our waste, sourcing packaging from a sustainable source and utilising recycled and biodegradable materials we can significantly reduce our carbon footprint. We ensure that all of our employees are made aware of how to correctly dispose of any waste materials and that they comply with the systems in place.
Hallmark Consumer Services is committed to the prevention of pollution and to reducing any negative effect on the environment during all of our business activities. In order to strive towards meeting this commitment we will:
- Meet all necessary legislative and regulatory requirements which relate to our business.Keep relevant interested parties informed of environment issues and, in particular, those which are of direct relevance to our business.
- Continue to raise the awareness of all our employees, the effect of their actions on, and their responsibility to the environment by communication, discussion and training.
- To minimise any adverse environmental impacts of our operations, and disposal of assets, and operate suitable waste minimisation and recycling schemes.
- Manage our building and grounds in an environmentally sensitive manner.
- Make use of, wherever practicable and cost viable, best environmental practice when planning and developing new and existing business activities.
- Operate a thoughtful purchasing policy by selecting wherever practical, materials and services which are less damaging to the environment.
- To ensure that the activities of contractors working for Hallmark minimise all environmental risk.
- Set environmental objectives and targets based on continual improvement, monitor results and review on a regular basis e.g. quarterly.
- Establish and maintain an environmental management system which continually reduces waste, effluent, emissions and the use of scarce resources, wherever possible and practicable.