Are you looking for a new role in a diverse and fast paced environment?
If so, then we’d like to hear from you. We are looking to recruit a full-time Warehouse Team Member to join our busy order fulfilment department within our family-run business here in Melton Mowbray.
- Temporary position with a view to becoming permanent
- Competitive hourly rate
- 37.5hrs per week (Mon-Sun) as required to meet the needs of the business
- Accrued holiday based on hours worked
- Immediate start available
- On-site parking
As a valued member of our busy warehouse team, you’ll be primarily responsible for fulfilling customer orders, including picking, packing and processing, in line with our clients’ requirements. Our warehouse is a growing and ever-changing environment, therefore the ability to work at pace and accept changes in working processes is essential for this role.
Innovation is encouraged at Hallmark and you will be given the scope and freedom to develop new ideas which help to continuously improve our warehouse operation. You will also need to understand the company mission, vision and values and your role in delivering them.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Print and perform picking tasks
- Pick stock from designated and allocated areas
- Highlight discrepancies where necessary
- Select and pick into appropriate carts and park carts in designated areas
- Complete system processing using Hallmark IT systems
- Pack stock in line with client requirements
- Barcode scan items when packing and complete order to brief and SLA
- Place items into correct receptacle for loading or collection
- Complete end of day tasks including: manifests of carriers, replenishing work station, cleaning designated areas and setting up for the next day
- Load and unload deliveries and collections where appropriate
- Follow company health and safety procedures
- Assume a positive team role and contribute to the ‘family’ spirit of the business
As a warehouse member you will be outgoing, loyal and reliable, liaising primarily with your colleagues and Warehouse Manager. You will also:
- Hold qualifications to GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Have good computer skills and be confident with online carrier systems
- Be able to drive an order picker
- Be capable of working at height
- Be competent in driving a powered pallet truck
- Have the ability to focus on the detail
- Have a good track record of attendance and timekeeping
- Be able to follow written instructions without deviation
Previous experience in order fulfilment and knowledge of Metapack is desirable.
Manual handling dexterity is important; lifting is required in the role and adherence to manual handling regulations is vital.
If you are interested in the role, please email a request for the full job specification and/or send your CV to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 8 November 2019.